[TenTec] RF Speech Processor

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Fri Jun 14 09:32:06 EDT 2013

Thanks Dave,

I'm also at 348 for DXCC, needing only VP8-S and FT8W to complete the
current DXCC list. After 40 years in the hobby and more than twenty in the
telecommunications industry working with telephones, cellphones, and
commercial two - way radios, I have some appreciation for transmitting audio
in the 300 to 3000 Hz range so that it can be decoded easily by the human
ear at the far end of the circuit.

Having hearing disabilities in both ears has also caused me to do additional
reading on Fletcher and Munson's research and significant experimenting with
the Heil HC-4, TT-715, OMNI-VII, FLEX-1500, and Audacity for processed audio
for DXing.

I've also worked up some good settings for AM using the TT-705 microphone,
200 HZ low end roll-off and 3400 Hz BW in the OMNI-VII, using Audacity but
that's a story for another time and was not what the thread originator asked
about.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M