[TenTec] RF Speech Processor

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sun Jun 16 01:06:19 EDT 2013

On 6/15/2013 8:04 PM, Robert Mcgraw wrote:
> Oh I agree on non-popular government mandated issues.  In general they
> are never viewed as popular.   However until some authoritative branch
> steps in, there is no incentive for any forward action.

	I say we try Rick's market approach first, and
	only upon failing that, we invoke government
	action.  Manufacturers are in it for the money,
	so if they are not selling radios, then they might
	be induced to change them.   Even if the gov-mt
	has good intentions, there is no guaranty it will
	get it right.  If market pressure fails,... then,
	presumably, gov-mt will still be there...

    I didn't like spending $2300 for a
> new HD TV at the time but today I'm glad I did.  {As as side note, if
> you've not seen HD TV off of the air but only experienced cable or
> satellite service, then you've not seen good HD TV.}

	Ouch.  I refuse to spend that much money on a
	silly TV. The programs are no better for being
	shown in hi-def.  The Lions will still LOSE every
	other Sunday - regardless of whether or not the
	picture	is so clear and distinct I can count the
	blemishes on the young quarterback's chin.     ;-)

Just My take...