[TenTec] Ten Tec & Eagle

Roger Rippy svtincup at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 09:47:30 EDT 2013

The purpose of this post is ask anyone who has had experiences with both the Eagle and the K3 to email me off-line with their opinions of both rigs. I say off line because I feel certain that this is a question and discussion that has taken place on more than one occasion. I have a K1 and Ten Tec Omni 6 Opt2 as well as a TT 540. My Omni 6 has gone on the fritz again this weekend and although I feel certain that TT service can fix it, I am at a point where I want to buy myself a new rig for CW use. I have always had used rigs with the exception of the K1 and I feel that it is time for one of the newer SDR rigs. I would certainly like to hear from you if you have operated both of these rigs extensively and would be able to take the time to tell me about those experiences. I have posted a similar request on the Elecraft reflector and have heard some well thought out opinions on these rigs; I would welcome yours. Of course I will probably send the Omni 6 in
 to service for a fix at some point unless I sell it since it too is a great rig. Thanks in advance. 73s Roger Rippy    W7RIP