[TenTec] Amplifier Question

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Tue Jun 25 15:37:01 EDT 2013

1.  The Centurion Amp with the 3-500Z tubes is instance on.  Turn it on and go. No warm up is needed.

2.  I tune up looking at my wattmeter, but you can do the same thing looking at the FWD setting on the amp meter.  but as  you get close to 1 KW plus, you need to also check the grid meter so you don't over drive and get above 260MA.

3.  The other positions on the meter, Ref, is reflected power just like a SWR bridge.  You should never have  very much REF power.
The Ep is you plate voltage, it should move a bit down wards but too much means your 220VAC line is not give enough power.

4.  That is why I used a wattmeter and adjust for maximum on it.  As you said, the Ig grid current is the most usefully meter position once you get up to maximum power.

Joe K0BX
using the Centurion with a FLEX-3000

#1 Honor Roll Mixed
Honor Roll RTTY

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without my permission.