[TenTec] Orion II has ended production

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sat Jun 29 14:14:09 EDT 2013

I just got this in the TenTec newsletter:

"On a rather sad note, about the time you read this message, we will have
sold out of the last 566 Orion II transceiver.  Unfortunately, due to the
availability of some very critical parts plus skyrocketing prices for
difficult components, the staff at TEN-TEC decided to discontinue this
product.  This does not mean we will not trade or sell used and demo Orion's
and Orion II models.  We will continue service and support this product as
we have done in the past with all TEN-TEC products.  Is a new Orion III on
the horizon?  There are plans for several new TEN-TEC products lined up for
the future but at this time no concise decision has been made for another
Orion transceiver."

All good things come to an end...

          Ron Castro
           N6IE