[TenTec] YES, TEN-TEC IS ALIVE AND WELL

John Occhipinti k3ur at att.net
Fri Mar 8 19:54:09 EST 2013

I am back home now and ready to conduct the TEN-TEC 40 meter and 20 meter SSB nets this Sunday. I was in contact with Jim Wharton NO4A, Vice President TEN-TEC Inc. today and he informed me that he just mailed out the second batch of 11 TEN-TEC Certificates.

The original idea of the certificates came from Jim and after conferring with me, we came up with the certificate program. Jim says that he wanted to do a little something extra to reward the TEN-TEC guys and gals for supporting both the company and the Sunday nets.

The enthusiasm is at a very high level for those that regularly check into the nets and I feel very honored to be net control and to keep the TEN-TEC nets alive each Sunday. Next month will be one (1) year since I resurrected the TEN-TEC nets, after several years of no TEN-TEC nets.

The cooperation is superb, as many will pitch right in and help with the relays. This is so important when we strive to hear and check in every person that tries to call into the nets.
We have had mobiles, aeronautical, maritime, DX stations and QRP stations check in and we appreciate everyones effort to keep the spirit of Amateur Radio at a high level.

I spoke to Stan Brock today, the head of TEN-TEC Sales and we finalized our arrangements for the Dayton Hamvention. It will be a great honor for me to be working alongside the TEN-TEC team at the Dayton Hamvention and also for the opportunity to meet many of our net members and contributors to the various TEN-TEC Groups.

It was a special treat for me to attend the TEN-TEC Hamfest last year, to tour the factory, meet the TEN-TEC team and also many of our net members there.

The 40 meter net starts this Sunday at 20:00 UTC on or about 7.260 and the 20 meter net follows at 21:00 on or about 14.325. Many will be reaching the magic number for their first certificate this Sunday!

John, K3UR

http://www.qrz.com/db/k3ur
John D. Occhipinti, K3UR
Net Control, TEN-TEC SSB Nets