[TenTec] Corsair II Display Segments

Adrian Rees (MW1LCR) mw1lcr at elsasystems.co.uk
Sat Mar 9 21:16:39 EST 2013

Hi all
I have just acquired a Corsair II, and am very impressed with it so,
far. However, in two of the 7 segment displays, the LED's are not
lighting. If you think about the digits 2 and 3, its the bottom segment
in each of them, and in the Tens and Units of MHz.

I am guessing the problem will be either a dodgy connection, or similar
dry joint type of affair. The previous owner has replaced a number of
electrolytic capacitors in the display, FWIW.

Apart from the dodgy connection / dry joint is there anything else I
should consider ?

Cheers

Adrian MW1LCR / GW9X