[TenTec] Corsair II Receiver Tuneup?

Hulett, Russell rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Mon Mar 11 13:27:28 EDT 2013

Having recently acquired a Corsair II ( after reading it's praise ), am thinking maybe it might benefit from knowledgable tech's checkout.  The performance is ok and useful as-is, but I actually think my Omni C is better.

I don't own much test equipment, so going through most of the procedures in the manual isn't appropriate.  The only adjustments that might be possible are peaking of the two coils on the IF/AF amplifier board, but I'm reluctant to make adjustments without a scope.

Short of sending the radio to Ten Tec, are there resources within Texas for checking out and optimizing a Corsair II?

Thanks in advance and 73, Curt KB5JO