[TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY

d.e.warnick at comcast.net d.e.warnick at comcast.net
Sun Mar 17 10:13:50 EDT 2013

Amen

Dave

WA3F

----- Original Message -----

From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw at Blomand.net>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:01:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY

Oh yes as I was in a QSO with one station.  It was his opinion that the
"frequencies" to be used are always those that end with  x.xxx.000.   The
fellow couldn't understand why I was operating on 7.263.255.  My reason for
operating there, I have a "birdie"  that is heard 24/7, thus I find quite
annoying if I operate on 7.263.000.   FYI - that birdie is external to the
radio and I've found it originates from a near-by communications site.

Of course I could activate the Auto Notch feature but the birdie, although
the signal is not very strong, it does have effect on the receiver AGC.
As I said earlier, we need to hone out skills in tuning by using our ears
and not the digital display on the radios.

73
Bob, K4TAX