[TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 20 20:40:57 EDT 2013

Maybe the newer hams, who came into the hobby via the no-code Technician
license, but many of us old guys came over from the SWL world.
When I was 12 years old, Japanese pocket-size transistor radios were the
hot item.  I got one for Christmas, and started BCB DXing with it.
Many nights, after the low-powered local stations went off the air, I'd
listen to the likes of KDKA in Pittsburgh, WOR in NYC, WGN in Chicago,
WSM in Nashville, WBZ in Boston and many others, as well as the Detroit
and Canadian stations.
Best DX was KSL in Salt Lake City from southeastern Michigan.

A couple of years later, I was given a Hallicrafters S-108 shortwave
receiver.  Tuning around, I discovered the ham bands and the rest is
history.

73 de Jim - AD6CW