[TenTec] Need help with corsair ii

nf4r at comcast.net nf4r at comcast.net
Sun Mar 24 16:01:13 EDT 2013

I am told that my corsair ll has low audio while on the air. Was using my 705
mic.,have also tried my heil mics,with same reports. Both of these mics work
fine on my paragon. Corsair was purchased from a friend that had not used it for
3 or 4 years. sn. is 580 02129. I am no tech but have used schematics to
troubleshoot and did some homebrewing. Problem is I only have a foggy idea of
what I am doing. Traced mic input to audio processor board and found u2a,on pin
3 has 3.7v instead of .9 and pin 5 of u2b also has 3.7v instead of .9 and pin 6
has 4.1v instead of 1.0. On u1 pin 5 has 2v instead of 0. This is where I get
lost and foggy. I have replaced the vfo with the n4yg board but can't see where
it should cause my problem. I know the small electrolytic
caps go bad but not how to check them. This my first post so am sure I
did not give all information needed.
Thanks for any help or insight. You can reply to nf4r at comcast.net
de nf4r Dave