[TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Ten-Tec Omni-VII Review was added

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Fri Mar 29 17:03:45 EDT 2013

Improving?   Just producing that would be slick enough !!

I gave up on it.  It bothered me at first, but I guess the current
economic slump means lots of projects have been tabled, from local real
property development to better spectrum scopes from TT.  So I am OK with
it, now.  It appears some projects won't happen as planned, and I am
sure TT is just as disappointed as I am.

Parenthetically, I took a look at the new Yaesu FTdx3000, but it looks
like it has "issues" and may not play well with other rigs in a crowded
contest shack - so I am going to enjoy my Omni VII another year
comfortable knowing it has required very few firmware updates or fixes
over time and has been a pretty good choice for my first HR transceiver.

Just MY take.

Disclaimer:  While I am a TT Ambassador, I don't care about
the potential rebates, and my wife says I already have too
much commercial involvement with the company, saying I
already have excessive investment in the TT equipment,
and, as a deterrent, threatens to invite her mother to
stay with us for a MONTH if I invest in any more TT gear;
so I hope the old lady does not mind sleeping on the
couch ... in the garage...  ;-)