[TenTec] (no subject)

John Henry jhenry at tentec.com
Fri May 17 21:10:32 EDT 2013

Rick,

I full well feel the same as all here. This has to be one of the two
biggest failures to date in product fulfillment.
We had shown a working built in high speed receiver sweep at Dayton about
?? 5-6 ?? years ago in an Orion II. And stated that we would do the same in
the OMNI-VII. Missed many dates on this one.
Now, the standpoint is, publicly, no promises of date or timing or
completion can be discussed publicly. To coin a phrase that is a little
rough.
We either have to piss or get off the pot... Simple, crude, I apologize,
but nothing says it getter.
This means 1 of two things will happen.
1 - at some point in time, we will announce the introduction of the
product, and the definition of the product. Logically, the first form might
be for the 588 to give the 588 customers a "visual second receiver". But if
we are going to finish this, it has to have some starting point product
introduction to get customer satisfaction and appeal back in this area.
or, if we totally fail, and I am not one to take failure lightly
2 - at some point in time we will announce that we will not introduce such
a product.

We realize that built in receive sweeps may be a MUST have for future
competitive rigs. In order to get it into future rigs we must first prove
we can do it in a current stable rig and learn from it on how to make it
better.
So the pressure is so very high to make this product succeed.
The "product" had always been discussed as an internal panadapter.
No promise of an external.

I hope my "non commitment" answer above is understood.

Best regards,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering