[TenTec] RX366

Geoffrey S. Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Thu May 23 03:22:57 EDT 2013

On 05/23/2013 10:06 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> Would be interesting to know its call sign and how much power it was
> running, AND, if it is still on the air.
> The AM BC band is dying over here.
>
> Perhaps 10kw or 20kw would be enough to hear it at that distance.
> It might not have been 50kw.

According to the Wikipedia, it was licensed with a maximum of 500kW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orfordness_transmitting_station

> I can hear British AM BC stations here at night, and Radio Luxembourg comes
> in loud and clear, but like I said, Europe was never blanketed wall to wall
> with 50kw AM BC stations.

It's now completely gone from the air, permission to use 648kHz has been
withdrawn.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
It's Spring here in Jerusalem!!!