[TenTec] Key clicks

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Sat May 25 11:41:53 EDT 2013

I don't normally use the sub rx much, if at all, during contests because
everyone works simplex and I work only S&P.  As an experiment, this  morning
I gave the (original) Orion II sub rx a workout on 40 CW.  It  did as well
as the main rx -- I have no strong local stations  -- but both  receivers
encountered a serious problem: KEY CLICKS!

With the attenuator and the main rx, I determined that the clicks were
actually being transmitted and were not generated in my receiver.  The  people
responsible should be ashamed.

73 Ray W2RS