[TenTec] Orion trim pot adjustment

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sun May 26 13:33:50 EDT 2013

The master oscillator is actually on the A-10 board on the underside of the
radio.  Even from the factory, most Orion's were calibrated about 20 Hz off
frequency since they were probably adjusted with the cover off the radio,
hence with the master oscillator in a cooler environment.  Check these two
articles on my website:

http://www.n6ie.com/TXCO%20Calibration.htm  and

http://www.n6ie.com/Fan%20Mod.htm

which addresses the drift problem that results from temperature variations
around the A-10 board.

          Ron Castro
           N6IE
    www.N6IE.com