[TenTec] OMNI V Filter Question

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 04:56:09 EST 2013

If you're only adding one, I'd suggest installing it in the 6.3MHz i.f., so
you can take advantage of PBT.  The 10-pole 2.1KHz Inrad filter has very
nice tuneable rejection of adjacent signals.

Also, you have no control over the passband center in the 9MHz i.f., so the
resulting tonal balance may not be to your liking if installed in the 9MHz
slot.  Personally. I've never liked a narrow ssb filter in the 9MHz slot
for this reason.

73, Barry N1EU