[TenTec] Paragon II and 301 Remote

Steve Garwood n0czv at frontier.com
Fri Nov 8 10:27:29 EST 2013

That was one of the first things I tried - when that didn't work, I looked
at the schematics of the Omni VI and Paragon II. Even though they both have
the DB-25 Accessory Connector, they are wired differently.

On the Omni VI, there is 5 VDC available on pin 16 and two lines that the A
and B outputs from the encoder connect to.

On the Paragon II, I am not seeing 5 VDC or the A/B encoder pins.  There are
several NC pins on the Paragon II connector.

The scanned copy of the Omni VI manual is fuzzy - I'm having a hard time
following where the A/B encoder lines run to.

That is where I am now - not even sure if the same scheme is followed
between the two radios as far as encoder operation.

Still in R&D mode....

Steve, N0CZV
Attica, Ohio
n0czv at frontier.com