[TenTec] Paragon II and 301 Remote

Steven Garwood n0czv at frontier.com
Fri Nov 8 12:48:27 EST 2013

Well,

After much schematic searching, other email input, and word from the factory
on interfacing a 301 to a Paragon II:  Short answer is no.  Long answer is
NOooooooo.

Even though there is information out there that the 301 interfaced with the
Omni V, Omni VI, Omni VI Plus and Paragon II, the part about the Paragon II
has proven to be inaccurate.

A different logic encoder scheme was used on the Paragon II than the Omni
VI.  It all centers on the encoder and logic boards.  Someone may be able to
figure out an interface to make this work, but it is beyond my scope and the
risk of testing on a radio with unobtanium parts is too risky.

I am posting this final reply so that it appears in the future archive
searches.  My archive searches resulted in finding the question being asked,
but the answer most likely coming in off the reflector and left open ended
here.

Thanks for all of the replies!  Much appreciated!  Now I'll go back to using
the Paragon II the way it was intended - without blowing it up......  Maybe
I'll find an Omni VI Plus to go with my 301 Encoder Knob?

73,

Steve, N0CZV
Attica, Ohio
n0czv at frontier.com