[TenTec] 160 M antenna

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Fri Nov 8 22:27:48 EST 2013

> Without tricks, in order to have 38 Ohms on a 160m vertical, it would
> have
>> to be 132 ft. high and have about 60 radials under it. I doubt that more
>> than 2 or 3 people here have ever had or even used something like that.
>> I sure haven't.

I have and I sure miss it. Cuesta College Radio Club site. It had about
16 radials before I added a bunch. You can see a picture of the radials
on the first page of one of the ARRL 160 meter contest reports from
sometime in the 90s. I don't recall whether we were using WA6RKE, AA6DT
or N6KB. Could have been W6JU (Mort Brewer SK) or W6HDO (Cliff
Buttschardt SK). Once you've used an antenna like that for 160 meters,
it really makes city lot inverted L setups seem hard. The seven, two
wire reversible Beverages helped too. Too bad I did not own an Omni VI then.

DE N6KB