[TenTec] PTO Grease

Greg S oldlongbeard at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 19:57:55 EST 2013

Kinda funny you mention the Krytox, Ben! They had a jug of it at work, and when I told my boss I was rebuilding a PTO  and what would he recommend for long lasting grease, he went to a cabinet, and hauled it out, and put a dollop in a ziplock baggie and said "use this. you'll never rebuild it again." ...... I bet that PTO is still smooth as silk. Sold the rig at some point, but still have 90% of the dollop left, and I've used it on several since that first one.

As an aside, I would also recommend a silicone grease. Super Lube is one that seems readily available, and not as pricey as the "rocket science lubes" Ben and I have been discussing.

Full disclosure.... I am NOT a rocket scientist.   I do, however, actually ENJOY rebuilding PTO's in the older TT gear. ;-)

73-
Greg, KC8HXO