[TenTec] 160 M antenna

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Nov 24 23:15:53 EST 2013

I recall that Swan made a motorized version of the sliding contact in
the coil antenna. I saw one in the '70s. The Swan used a vertically
sliding contact, not one that rotated around the coil to get fractional
turns of the coil like a High-Q antenna.  Pretty sure the Webster
Bandspanners predated the Swan, as did Master Mobile which I am pretty
sure also had a moving tapped coil, but not motorized.

DE N6KB