[TenTec] Eagle headphones tip

Roy royanjoy at ncn.net
Fri Nov 29 11:11:01 EST 2013

New Eagle with high-sensitivity cans like my Sony's has some 'residual
noise' in the background, while none is present in a speaker. I plug an
external speaker into the rear jack through a switching box so I can select
speaker or headphones with a flip of a toggle switch. The Sony cans require
an audio PAD in that bud box in order to match the apparent volume levels
between speaker and 'phones. When apparent volumes are the same to the ear,
then there is NO background sounds in the headphones. I mention this because
of an earlier thread. Oh, the 300 Hz roofing filter is spectacular.

Roy    K6XK