[TenTec] Argosy 525 FS

John Farler k4avx1 at windstream.net
Fri Nov 29 16:52:04 EST 2013

I'm trying to thin the TT herd a little.  Seems every time I see an
older one at a good price, I bought it.

Anyhow, my ARGOSY 525 with analog readout is for sale.
It is in good cosmetic shape - don't know about mint, but it
is close.  Includes the matching PS. I did disable the 120v.
connection to the transceiver.  The rig includes regular 5
HF bands, plus 30 meters.

Has the following options installed:
1.  Noise blanker
2.  Installed TT 220 8 pole main crystal filter, not the little six pole
filter
    that is standard.  Room for one more 9 mhz filter.
3.  Optional audio filter with a couple of positions.
   Works amazingly well on CW- two positions.
4.  100/25 Khz Crystal calibrator.
5.  The relay for an external linear amplifier - will drive my
     SB200 to full output.
6.  Of course, it has 50 watts out, with QRP option on switch
    on back to drop out final and run 5 w. with driver acting
    as final.

Minuses:
1.  I sent the unit to TT for routine service when I got it a
    few years ago.  Their well-known old rig tech, now deceased,
    found it to be in good shape, except for the linearity of the
    PTO.  It varies greatly as you tune up 80, for example.
    The Crystal Calibrator will help with this problem.
2.  The dial string needs to be restrung.  I used to do this
    type of thing, but my hands (one broken, crooked finger)
    are a bit clumsy.  I'm including a fresh dial string from TT,
     along with instructions.  This is not rocket science, just
     a little more dexterity than I now have.

I'm asking $250 for the set, plus Shipping, and it would probably
be best  to ship the two units separately.  Paypal or personal
check with clearance time OK.

Please contact off-list.
Thanks,
73,