[TenTec] OMNI V Issues

Ed Purvis wa4njy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 16:25:04 EDT 2013

A few small issues have invaded my OMNI V.

   1.  When going from memory to VFO,  the 20 meter receive will be very weak until I press the 20 band button.
        Sometimes two or more presses are required.

   2.  When first turning on the rig, sometimes display is 200- 300 cycles high.  Has done this only a few times.

        Have noticed on 17 and 20 meters so far.  With multiple pressing of band button, the receive signal shifts
        back and forth slightly.

       Any input will be appreciated.  I am considering doing the connector cleaning and reset routine soon.

       Thanks,

        Ed WA4NJY
        Bradenton, Fl