[TenTec] Orion II audio issue

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Wed Oct 9 19:14:16 EDT 2013

Hi - anyone have any suggestions on this Orion II audio problem?

I get loud and clear audio on the earphone hack, but muddy, low volume
on the external speaker jack.  Even if I use headphones on the speaker
jack, it sounds muddy and low volume.   For example, if I use the MON
function - it plays my speaking voice loud and clear over the
ear0phones, but muffled, muddy and distorted on the speaker output.

Any ideas?

Orion II - latest firmware - did Master Reset multiple times.