[TenTec] Digital modes with Omni VI

Thu Oct 10 21:21:31 EDT 2013

I used my Omni VI Plus extensively on PSK-31, AFSK and MCW.  I used a pair
of cables between the computer sound card and the back RCA connectors of the
radio.  I used MIXW2 and a couple of other programs.  The Windows Sound
Mixer was used to control the levels.  The PTT function was handled by the
Omni VI Plus VOX with VOX Hang set at minimum.

You will find that operating USB mode, depending on IF Filters,  will
require the PBT tuning to be carefully adjusted.  The waterfall on the
computer will guide you correctly.

Never tried VOIP with the Omni VI Plus.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message -----
From: "John King" <k5pgw at yahoo.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:09 AM
Subject: [TenTec] Digital modes with Omni VI

Has anyone worked any digital modes, except CW, with the Omni VI plus? If
so, I would like to know the software and interfaces used. Has anyone used
the OMNI VI on VOIP. I would like to go voip.

I have two Icom 706 MKII G transceivers and a 735 that will work on VOIP,
but I would like to use the Omni VI plus if it can be done. Thanks and 73,
John, K5PGW