[TenTec] Orion Power Out

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sat Oct 12 12:55:31 EDT 2013

I agree the problem may be inside the rig, even though a "symptom" is
voltage sag at the power supply.

But I disagree the problem is not a voltage swing, and disagree it would
affect all bands equally.  My broken Jupiter experienced significant
voltage sags on several bands, and produced 120 w on some bands, 60 w on
other bands, and 100 w on still other bands.  Nor was it consistent on
the same bands when I changed modes - one one band it put out 100 watts
on CW, but not on SSB using a loud tone.  It would flip on other bands.
  So it was not at all consistent and I could not discern any pattern.

Still, I agree the problem may be located inside the rig, and not inside
the power supply.  Replacing the logic chip restored all bands to proper
function.

.