[TenTec] Orion Power Out

Rick W ve7tk at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 13 00:53:03 EDT 2013

As has been discussed by others, I too noticed the Orion power plug was the same as my Argo V.   I noticed that the 100 watt TEN-TEC Eagle uses Power Pole connectors and felt that if it was good enough for the Eagle why not the Orion.  Converting the Orion to this type of connector has been described on this list and is on the TEN-TEC Wiki at:

     http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=orion_molex_to_power_pole_mod

I run #10 wire from my PS to the Orion and it has worked flawlessly for a couple of years now.

73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website: http://www.ve7tk.com