[TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters

Jim GM jim.gmforum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:09:52 EDT 2013

Hi Mike, WB8VGE

Hope your surgery goes well for you.

I have gone and still going thru issues with my inverted L on 160M like

your having.

How long is your antenna?  Is it a dipole or Folded dipole?  I did not
see on your post the answers to these questions.

How high do you have it?

Your going to find or have found that the tuner you have and other
tuners will not work on 160M. They just cannot handle a near 50 ohm
match or less no matter what they claim. All they want is your money.

So you need to add additional matching out side the shack with coils
and homemade capacitors made from coax cable, thats if you have a
limited junk box like I do.

Any ways the external matching will aid your tuner in the shack to take
care of the rest.

It will take some time and it is not a quick fix.

--
Jim K9TF