[TenTec] Orion / Orion II updated reports, NB/NR/etc

art N4UC n4uc at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:42:01 EDT 2013

I've always known the HWNB was there, just never used it, until now. Thought I would try it just to see what all the discussion was about.  So I turned it on while listening to a strong pileup on 40M where there were many signals well over S9 (most 10-20 over). With it ON It's literally sounds like I disconnected the antenna (actually I heard a lot more signals with the antenna disconnected!). There were no signals to be heard and the audio level of the remaining band noise was extremely low. After listening very closely for a few moments and careful tuning,  I was able to faintly hear one or two of the stronger signals way down in the noise, but certainly not well enough to copy. There is obviously a problem somewhere in the radio in need of attention but I'll just turn it off and leave it off! If I haven't needed it before now, I guess I can do without it!

More importantly, as usual thank you John for taking the time to communicate to everyone about this and all other topics you weigh in on. I for one can't express how much I appreciate the attention you give to our enjoyment and understanding of the TenTec products.

73,
Art N4UC