[TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Tue Oct 15 02:39:59 EDT 2013

Mike told us what he has.

	The ARRL Antenna Book defines "doublet" as
	synonymous with "dipole,"  but I understand
	many hams intend the locution "doublet" to refer
	to a type of dipole fed with open line to
	facilitate tuning it on multiple bands using
	a matchbox/tuner device.

Based on what Mike already said:

His doublet is approximately .5 wavelength on 160 meters, consisting of
two identical 131 ft long conductive bilaterally symmetrical elements
made of metal wires, with opposing voltages, fed with 170 ft (+/-) of
600 ohm open transmission line.

N'est ce pas ?