[TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Tue Oct 15 13:03:17 EDT 2013

excellent troubleshooting

although the diodes on the swr board don't control the PA in anyway.

but it could be that a spike came down the coax and took a few things out. It's possible.

if you can get to the base of the transistors in the PA, in the lock posistion position and the drive all the way down, you should see supply voltage on the collectors, zero on the emitter and .7 on the bases.

since the base resistors are toasty, be sure you replace them with like units, carbon flim or metal film and not wirewound.

call RF parts and see what they have in stock. I'm not much for matched pair in simple PA designs like the ones in the Omni, so save some money

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure.