[TenTec] My Orion II is corn-fused

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Thu Oct 17 21:19:26 EDT 2013

My Orion II is corn-fused.

I purchased a new battery for the logic board IC, but it STILL refuses
to run the full course when doing a Master Reset.  It seems to install
the firmware correctly, but fails to ask me about resetting the memories
or centering the filters when completing the Master Rest.

The Battery tested 3.44v before installation.  The power distribution
board showed proper 5.14v and 13.44v on its respective pins, as marked
on the circuit board.

I have followed the reset procedure described in the ver 3 firmware
installation instructions.   I have tried other firmware versions with
no other result.

Any ideas?  Does it have to go back to TT HQ for a checkup?