[TenTec] My Orion II is corn-fused

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Thu Oct 17 23:02:54 EDT 2013

	Arghhhh...    DOH !   DOH !   DOH !     :-(

	MARK... REACTING TO YOUR POST, I DECIDED
	TO RE-READ THE FORMAL WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS . . .

I just realized... DUH!... there are TWO buttons that trigger a Master
Reset.  I was pressing the "MAIN RX"  button... and not the "MAIN TX/RX"
button.  I was pressing the button Paul Clinton told me to use ... i.e.,
the "MAIN RX" button, which DOES trigger a Master Reset, but the not
full one that occurs when I use the MAIN TX/RX button.  Odd there are
multiple ways to do a Master Reset, and that they do not behave the same.

Who would have figured there are 2 buttons so closely named that trigger
a Master Reset?  But, ultimately, it is my mistake.  Rather
embarrassing, actually.

But thanks for asking me about it ... as it caused me to revisit the
actual written instructions ... again... so I could realize the  mistake.

So...  I guess I will slink off now, and . . .
	ENJOY THE RIG !!!

      ;-)

On 10/17/2013 10:42 PM, Mark Luhrman wrote:
> Have u done both resets. 1st one lock button under vfo 2. Then 2nd one main ant 1?

_.