[TenTec] requirements for a top tier DXing rig

James Rodenkirch rodenkirch_llc at msn.com
Sat Oct 19 08:09:04 EDT 2013

I utilize a single band simplistic rig from KD1JV, Paul, so can't use a computer for control, even if I wanted to, which I don't.
Knob adjusting, due to vagaries that alter signal strength and the need to QSY and tune across the band are part of operating, in my view.  Unfortunately, one should probably quit thinking about placing in the top ten of any major contest if one DOESN'T employ a computer controlled/enhanced system.  WHICH....makes the heuristic, "Lower your expectations and you will be much happier," more cogent and germane to this discussion.
72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV