[TenTec] Paragon II no TX, then restored

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Sep 1 13:57:16 EDT 2013

I had my Paragon II opened up to clean all connectors and front panel
potentiometers. Most connectors were unplugged, sprayed with DeOxit and
plugged back in. When I put it all back together and tried it out there
was no TX power out, except in FM mode. Tried resets several times to no
avail. Only after putting the rig into AM LSB mode was the CW, USB, LSB
TX power restored. Now it transmits fine in all modes. I thought this
was very strange and worth posting. I wonder if anyone else has had a
similar experience with a Paragon II.

73 DE N6KB