[TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Sat Apr 5 12:39:30 EDT 2014

Speaking only for myself, and take this for whatever it's worth...

A friend of mine at one point owned an Omni VI+ and a K3.  He later added an
Omni VII to the operating collection.  He used all three rigs extensively,
and when I operated from his QTH, I used them as well.

Today?  He still owns the Omni VI+, and now has an Eagle as well (it took
the place of an Argonaut V).  The K3 has found a new home.

Oh, the Omni VII has moved on as well... he's trying out a TS-990 at the
moment.  But not to worry, it got a new home as well... mine.

The point is that no one radio will satisfy all the people at all times.
And tastes change, as needs change, or as new technology comes out with
improvements.

The question is not which radio is "the best".  It should be which radio is
"the best" for you & your operating needs & desires at this time.

73, ron w3wn