[TenTec] DIY VFO jumper for Omni B

Neil Martinsen-Burrell neilmartinsenburrell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 21:03:54 EDT 2014

Can anyone tell me what the external VFO jumper for an OMNI B should look
like?  When I bought the rig, it came with the external VFO which I no
longer have.  Now to make the rig work, I think I need to replace this
jumper.  I have tried just using a RCA cable that I had around the shack,
but when I transmit, the displayed frequency jumps around wildly, so I
don't think that is right.

I have some RCA connectors and some wire, but I don't know what exactly I
am trying to make.  Can someone offer a description or a picture of what
the original external VFO jumper looked like so I can attempt to duplicate
it?  Or failing that, can someone explain why my simple RCA cable doesn't
work?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Neil KD0UKC