[TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Mon Apr 7 23:18:26 EDT 2014

Well Wade, while you're on the subject...

As some of you know, I recently sent my Argonaut 505 to a new home.  It was
not a decision I made lightly, but the opportunity to pick up an Omni VII
was just too good, and some units just had to go.

KJ6BSO got the unit a few weeks back, and has been making a lot of QSOs with
it, and giving it a real workout.

Since it was you, Wade, who had the time and the skills to replace those bad
transistors in the audio board & bring the rig back up to snuff, he has
asked me to publicly thank you for a great repair job.

And thanks, again, to John Henry, who went out of her way to pass on to me
the "bench tests" from the previous owner, when he'd sent it in for service.
John could just as easily told me "we don't do that" or "we don't keep that
information".  He didn't.  He got me the info from the tech that told Wade
exactly what needed to be fixed, even though they don't have those parts in
stock in TN any longer.

And the irony of the whole situation... the person I got the 505 from turned
out to be the very same person I just got the Omni VII from.  Go figure.

73, ron w3wn