[TenTec] Orion (2) and ANC Noise Canceller

Zivney, Terry 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Tue Apr 8 07:07:51 EDT 2014

The idea is as follows:  (I have not removed the covers of my Orion to check this out)

remove the coax that currently goes to the input of the RX  board.  Connect this coax to the spare connector on the rear panel that is used for the LP-Pan mod.

Then run a new coax from the now-vacant input of the RX board to the RX antenna jack on the rear panel.

This should retain ALL protection that currently exists to the receiver.

In my experience with my Omni VI's and earlier looking at my Orions, the spare DC jacks are directly soldered to the PCB which makes modification much more difficult than plugging  the coax into  to connector Ten-Tec provides for the spare connector on the rear panel.  Ten-Tec sells
the mini-coax for use in the LP-Pan mod, as does Inrad.

Terry N4TZ