[TenTec] USER INTERFACE: Wish List for ORION-III

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Tue Apr 8 21:23:24 EDT 2014

OK by me.

But ... if it is connected to the computer, you could easily write
software to allow you to interactively tune the rig with a mouse or
keyboard action, and I suspect it would be more difficult to do that
with a rig-monitor-only solution.

I would kidnap N4PY and coerce him into writing a neato interactive
control application for it.  Like in his existing program.  You click on
a signal peak on the graphic screen, and, VOILA, the radio tunes to that
frequency /signal... and,... optimally, tunes and makes the call using a
bank of recorded contact voice keyer sound files, and then logs the
contact in your favorite log book, and emits a sound cue indicating it
is ready to make another contact.   (OK... perhaps I have gone too far
in my imagination...)   ;-)      ;-)

So... would your solution be interactive... or do we not need that?
Interesting stuff.

On 4/8/2014 7:48 PM, Cecil wrote:
> ...would rather have a VGA port on the radio to connect
a standard off the shelf computer monitor to...that
way I could also determine the size of the display.