[TenTec] USER INTERFACE: Wish List for ORION-III

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Wed Apr 9 08:14:34 EDT 2014

Yeah... me too... that is a very important point, Cecil.

That is why I use my Omni VII with N4PY software in "Radio State."  I
like front controls, which is why I don't use a totally computer based
solution like the Flex.

And yet, the real utility of a spectrum scope is the ability to
manipulate the rig right directly using the graphic display of what the
radios captures.   A band scope allows us to SEE activity across a wide
range of frequencies, not just sample and hear one frequency at a time.
  The question becomes:  what can we DO with the graphical display
data... what can it DO for us?   And it seems most advantageous to be
able to interact and manipulate the radio directly from the visual data,
  i.e., to SEE a station or open frequency and, then, quickly tune the
rig accordingly.   Unless we can USE the visually displayed data, it is
a fun image, but NOT A TOOL for using the radio.

Happy trails - good stuff.