[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 136, Issue 19

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:47:35 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:12 PM, <k4elo at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Don't agree with you Barry.  I have done extensive A/B tests with the
> OII Vs FTdx5000 and Flex 6700.  Can't agree that the OII is the best rig
> ever made.

I never said that but perhaps I could have been more specific.  What I said
was: "None of the radios on the market today will outperform the Orion
II."  I was thinking specifically of cw contesting (and low band dx'ing)
when I made that statement. I don't think there's a better cw contesting
platform out there.  I don't mean A/B tests, but a radio that you operate
intimately/intensively in the toughest conditions for an extended period.
The Orion II is simply a pleasure to use like that.

73, Barry N1EU