[TenTec] How much for an Orion III?

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 11:22:26 EDT 2014

Yes, Bry, and most hams of 1959 were busy supporting those families, or
going to school or college, and didn't have time to get on the  air much.
Still, Collins sold many thousands of KWM-2s and  S/Lines.

Though there were many things wrong with them (e.g. the KWM-2 on CW), they
were ground-breaking products for their time and their quality was second
to none.  My KWM-2, purchased in 1962, still works, as does my S/Line  stuff.

My point is that if the Orion III is truly the best performing radio on the
 market, for contesting and DXing, then Ten-Tec need not worry too much
about building it to a price point.  There are plenty of serious hams  out
there who are able and willing to pay a fair price for the best.  That  was
true in 1959 and it is today.  Conversely, if it isn't the best,  then don't
bring it out.

73 Ray W2RS