[TenTec] Software / Firmware Upgrades

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Apr 12 03:03:23 EDT 2014

On 4/11/2014 3:21 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Tim, believe it or not, Wayne (chief technical architect of Elecraft) used
> to hang out here on the Ten-Tec group back when the Orion first announced.

The really sharp guys try to learn from each other. They have open
minds, and are always ready to accept new input (and evaluate it on the
basis of proven  science). That's why Wayne was here. I had a great
conversation with him at the Visalia DX and Contesting Convention last
week. And it's why the great jazz musicians always try to fill their
bands with guys who are are as good or better than they are. Witness
Miles hiring Trane and Bill Evans for one of the greatest bands of the
20th century. Wayne (N6KR), Eric (WA6HHQ) the engineer/owners of
Elecraft, and Al Kahn (K4FW), who founded both ElectroVoice and Ten Tec,
are three of my heroes.

Then there are the guys whose minds are like a steel trap -- rusted shut.

73, Jim K9YC