[TenTec] FS: Modified Omni 6+

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 12:11:42 EDT 2014

I'm putting out a feeler to see if there's any interest out there in my
modified Omni 6+.  I've got too many projects going right now and thinking
of giving this one a new home.  The mods are easily reversible and I will
just remove them before selling the radio unless there's someone out there
with a specific interest in hifi audio mods and knows their way around
schematics, pcb's and soldering irons.  The rig as it stands now has flat
ssb audio response from 50-2850hz.  The DSP is bypassed except to generate
cw sidetone.

I don't expect many folks, if any, would be interested in this rig as
modified but I thought I'd put out a feeler.  If you're an audio nut and
experienced tinkerer and are interested, please drop me a direct email at
barry dot n1eu at gmail dot com.  The rig itself is an early vintage Omni
6+ (I prefer the early ones due to lack of surface mount)
with fair to good cosmetics.  In addition to its requisite pair of Inrad
2.8KHz filters, it can also be equipped with any combination of optional
filters (TT or IR), roofing filter (ssb or cw), and/or power supply (961 or
962).

73,
Barry N1EU