[TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 24 07:22:48 EDT 2014

I think several of you are misinterpreting the 6700 transmit spectra.
Here's what Rob Sherwood says.

I would say the 6700 is better than average. Most radios are lucky to be
-30 dBc.  Many are somewhat less than that.  Of course the numbers
change from one band to another.  One of my IC-781s is 34 dBc on 20
meters.  The TS-990S is 34 dBc on 20 meters, and both are 32 or 50 volt PAs

The current Icom 13.8 volt rigs are generally worse, particularly the
IC-7600 and IC-7410.  The K3 isn't very good either.  The Yaesu rigs in
class A, if you run no ALC and no processing, are very clean in the
range of -40 dBc. If you run any ALC, that all goes out the window and
is no better than a typical 13.8 volt PA.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com