[TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Apr 27 02:14:37 EDT 2014

Lee, the Pixel antenna or Wellbrook are nothing at all like the antennas
Richard is talking about.

The Pixel is a receiving antenna.
The AMA (Kaeferlein) antennas can handle up to 500w of power, but they are
huge and built like a Sherman tank!
The I3VHF antennas can handle up to 1kW and are built like 2 Sherman tanks.
(hi)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

Good cite. Here in the U.S., Pixel makes them with all the bells and
whistles for about 500., but I'm not interested in them for that reason. I
want a receiving antenna that can null out or reject all the QRN in my area.
For this, the mag loop is perfect, and doesn't need the heavy duty treatment
of a transmitting loop.