[TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions

Richard Tschur richard.tschur at schieb.net
Sun Apr 27 03:51:16 EDT 2014

I personally reckon, the Kaeferlein loops are the best on the market!
The one from Italy I believe uses a Gamma Match for feeding the antenna
and that might be not the best solution for a mag loop. I know Matthias
personally, a very nice guy and he worked with Kaeferlein as a teenager,
to earn some pocket money, so he is well aware of the technics and
mechanics. But apart from that, the crucial thing is to build them
proper. I would make them out of one piece and round! But that is only
my opinion. As I said, I have very good experience with mag loops and
for someone with no space, they are perfect. Yes, shipping is a big
problem, but I guess, if you can spend 1200 -1500 Euros on an antenna,
the extra 200 Euros shipping wouldn't be a problem. I got my 2 loops
shipped to Australia in a crate, but there was of course other stuff in
it as well. And for sure, I will never sell them, even though I have
people asking me about them, you never know what happens in the future
and I have to move in to an appartment or retirement village and then I
can use them again ;-)!
Btw, you find ama antennas quite often cheap for sale in cqdl, I got
mine for a swap of a Gap Challenger and never regretted it.
Enough of that.
73's
Richard